How to Hide LED Strip Lights in Your Home
Whether you want to add a classy ambience to your kitchen cabinets or create a leveled-up gaming setup, LED strip lights are one of the most versatile lighting options. To get the most out of LED lighting, you can install LED strip lights in hidden areas. That way, you can enjoy the added touch of ambient light without seeing exposed wires or bulbs.
BAZZ LED Strip Lights are an energy-efficient alternative to traditional bulbs, long-lasting, easy to install yourself, less likely to overheat, and versatile for all of your interior design desires. They’re also so easy to install in hidden areas, you’ll be thinking of new design plans and creative ways to showcase your lights all the time!
In this guide, we’ll show you how to:
- Install LED Strip Lights Discreetly
- Hide LED Strip Lighting on Ceilings
- Hide LED Strip Lighting on Walls
- Hide LED Strip Lighting on Cabinets and Shelves
- Hide LED Strip Lighting Wires and Power Sources
- Hide LED Strip Lights in Other Ways
How to Install LED Strip Lights Discreetly
To avoid exposed wires, bulbs, or obvious strips of LED lights, there are many tips you can follow to hide LED lights discreetly.
- Measure the area where you want to install the lights. When you know the length and width of the cabinets, table, frame, or shelves that you want to install your LED strip lights on, it’s easier to fit them in perfectly and have them hide in the midst of the rest of your decor.
- Buy the right LED Strip Lights. When you have full control and installation possibilities, it is much easier to enjoy the lighting options LED strip lights have to offer. BAZZ LED Strip Lights are easy to install and hide. They also offer various ways to add ambience to a room, provide light to a dark area of your home, highlight a painting or mirror, or create a light show for when you have your next party.
- Locate your power outlets. When you know where you’ll have to plug in your lights, you know how easy it will be to hide them. Neutral-colored electrical tape can be extremely beneficial if you have outlets that are inconveniently placed. You can also purchase longer light strips to extend the ambient design you want all the way to the outlet/
- Apply the light strips strips and trim to fit. First, clean and dry the installation surface. After that, peel off the backing to expose the light strip adhesive. Then, apply the light strip to the target surface, starting from one and moving to the other. LED strip lights can be cut to length, so if there is any excess light strip length, you can trim it to fit.
How to Hide LED Strip Lights on Ceilings
If you have a drop ceiling, the best thing you can do is hide the LED light strip by fixing it to the top of the ceiling horizontally, with the lip of the ceiling covering the light.
If you don’t have a drop ceiling but do have crown molding, you can hide your light strip with a cable hider or by tightly installing them to the top of each wall, creating a skylight effect.
How to Hide LED Strip Lights on Walls
Once again, crown molding or the crevice between the ceiling and wall or wall and floor are the most discreet areas to hide LED strip lights. Walls with trim, insets, and overhangs are particularly well suited to strip lighting.
Another tip for installing LED light strips on walls is to accent your door frames or entryways with the lights. You can also highlight artwork on your wall by installing light strips behind or around the frame, making your home look like a beautiful museum and giving every entrance a welcoming accent.
How to Hide LED Strip Lights on Cabinets and Shelves
Place LED light strips on the bottoms of your cabinets to brighten counters, shelves, and the cabinets themselves so you can enjoy some extra light while cooking. Dim the LED lights to create a warm, romantic vibe in the kitchen, or amp up the brightness for a fun family pizza night. Under your cabinets or behind your spices and utensils on each shelf are great areas to discreetly provide light to your kitchen.
Tips For Hiding LED Strip Light Wires and Power Sources
Some tips for hiding wires and power sources so you can enjoy discrete LED lighting include:
- Avoid positioning your LED tape too close to a wall (which can cause light dotting).
- Place LEDs behind a lip in your ceiling or wall.
- Understand how the lights will reflect on the floor if they are close to a glossy wood finish or tile. Deep surface extrusions can help diffuse LEDs to prevent this from happening.
- Place LED tape behind a lip and face the lights downwards for the most discrete effect.
- Use a cable hider if you have hard-to-reach outlets or want your house to look less cluttered with cords.
Other Ways to Hide LED Strip Lights
Some other great areas to place your LED strip lights so they’re hidden but still provide beautiful home lighting include:
- Around your mirror.
- Behind the TV.
- Under a bar top or counter.
- At the foot of your bed.
- At the edge of any table.
- On the sides of your stairwell.
Shop LED Strip Lights from BAZZ Smart Home
LED light strips are growing in popularity because of their wide color range, easy installation, energy efficiency, and ambient effects. Enjoy full home customization with the BAZZ LED Light Strip
Featuring easy surface installation, all of the necessary hardware included, a 5-ft plug, and a 16 3/8 inch connector cable, you’ll have everything you need to get up and running in no time. Plus, you can easily control color and brightness straight from your device with the free BAZZ Smart Home app!