How to Connect Smart Bulbs to Google Home
What Requirements Do I Need?
Setting up your smart lighting to be compatible through your Google Home is hub is a breeze; all you need is:
- A Google Home speaker
- Compatible smart light bulbs (Like BAZZ Smart Home!)
- The Google Assistant app downloaded on your smartphone (Android or iOS)
Step-by-Step Procedure How to Connect Smart Bulbs to Google Home
Connecting your smart bulbs to a Google Home device is relatively simple and only takes 3 steps once your lights are installed.
Step 1: Connect Your Light Bulbs to Google Home
Finding and adding your bulbs to the Google Assistant app is a breeze. Just follow these steps:
- Download and open the Google Assistant app.
- In the Explore section, tap the compass icon in the screen's upper-right corner.
- Tap the three-dots icon in the upper-right corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Find the Services section and select Home Control.
- Select the + icon in the lower-right corner.
- Scroll and find BAZZ Smart Home.
- Sign in to your BAZZ Smart Home account and see all the lights you set up appear under Home Control.
Step 2: Customize Smart Light to Individual Rooms
With Google Home and the right lights, you can control your home with just one voice command like, "Hey Google, turn on the living room lights."
- Under Home in the Google Assistant app, tap Rooms.
- Tap the pencil icon next to the light to assign the appropriate lights to their specific room.
- Once complete, select done in the upper-right corner.
- Select Done in the upper-right corner.
- Say, "Hey Google Turn on (or off) the [insert room here] lights" to see if it works!
How to Control Your Smart Light Bulbs with Voice Command
With everything set up, you can tell Google Home to perform various actions such as turning lights on or off with a simple voice command. You'll also be able to change their brightness level and color temperature for the supported bulbs that work together.
Basic Voice Commands
To do this:
Say "Ok Google" or “Hey Google," then:
To turn a light on or off
"Turn on or off <light name>"
Dim a light
"Dim the <light name>"
Brighten a light
"Brighten the <light name>"
Set a light brightness to a certain percentage
"Set <light name> to 50%"
Dim or brighten lights by a certain percentage
“Dim <light name> by 50%"
“Brighten <light name> by 30%”
Change the color of a light
"Turn <light name> green"
Turn all lights in room on or off
“Turn on or off lights in <room name>"
Turn all lights on or off
“Turn on or off all of the lights”
How to Control Your Smart Light Bulbs with Text
With Google Home, you can control your lights using text! Instead of using the voice function, simply type out commands such as "turn ON kitchen light" or similar phrases that would turn an individual lamp in whatever room you want to be illuminated.
General Troubleshooting Checklist
All's not lost if you still are struggling to connect your BAZZ Smart Home lights to your Google Home.
If Google can't find the bulb during setup:
- Turn off the lights for 10 seconds, then turn them back on.
- Update your Google Home app to ensure full compatibility with the latest features and functionality.
- Reboot your Google hub.
- Force close the Google Home app.
- Factory reset your bulb.
If your bulb doesn't respond
- Ensure the wall switch is on.
- Turn the bulb off and on. Smart bulbs may take up to 1 minute to connect.
- Try the bulb in a different lamp or socket.
- If the above steps don't work, you may need to reset your bulbs and try again.
When connecting, ensure that your smartphone, Google Home and smart light bulbs are all on the same Wi-Fi network. You must also have the BAZZ Smart Home app installed on your phone, paired with your lighting to connect to Google home.
Where to Get the Best Smart Bulbs Online?
With the BAZZ Smart Home app (iOS and Android), you can turn lights on and off, adjust brightness, choose from millions of colors, and create dynamic light sequences. All of our lights are competitively priced and come in various styles. Shop the best Smart Home Lighting today!